SSC General awareness is asked in every ssc exams. In this article we are going to discuss best book for ssc cgl. Earlier students used to ignore ssc gk but now you don’t have that luxury. General awareness is asked in ssc cgl tier-1 exam and other government exams. This section takes less time as compare to other section of the exams and you can score high in this exam. SSC GK is divided into physics, Chemistry, biology, Economics, History, Geography, Polity. SSC general awareness is factual paper i.e. they usually don’t ask concept based question . They ask fact based questions.
SSC loves to repeat its question. Most of the paper directly comes from previous year question papers. So going through previous year question paper is necessary. The most common mistake aspirants do while preparing general awareness of ssc is they give too much time to prepare ssc gk. Remember this part comes in tier-1 only. So, devote your time and effort accordingly.
Strategy to prepare ssc general awareness :-
- Go through previous year question papers. Most of the paper comes from previous year question paper or questions around them. Remember previous year question papers are key to success in ssc exams.
- For concepts, You can refer Lucent GK book. This gk book comes in Hindi as well as English. This book covers complete syllabus for ssc exams.
- Don’t rush for new books. Just stick to the books recommended.
- Remember Reading one book ten times is better than to reading ten books one time.
- Study and revise. The more you revise the more you score.
- For previous year questions you can refer Kiran previous year book Arihant previous year question book.
- Biology is very important in science section.
- There is 25 questions of general awareness each containing 2 marks. Maximum time you can devote is 5-7 minutes during the exam.
- In history focus on modern India and Gandhian era.
- For geography focus on India and its neighbor countries. There is no need to do world Geography.
- For economic Macro economics is important.
- In physics learn measuring devices, optics, Newton’s law of motion, surface tension etc.
- Current affairs is also important. In ssc cgl 2018 they have asked 5-6 questions.