SSC stands for staff selection commission. SSC was set up in 1st July 1976. It functions under department of personnel and training, Government of India. Headquarter of SSC is in New Delhi. It conducts open competitive exam across the country for Group B and group C post for central government offices. SSC hires for central government.
Different Exams conducted by ssc
- SSC CGL
- SSC CHSL
- SC JE
- CONSTABLE GD
- STENOGRAPHER C AND D
- JUNIOR HINDI TRANSLATOR
- DEPARTMENTAL EXAMS
- SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT
- SSC CGL : ssc cgl is the most sought after exam among aspirants after UPSC exam. SSC CGL is the most popular exam of the ssc because it directly recruit for the officer level post in central government offices. There is one gazetted post in ssc cgl exam. it is known as Assistant audit officer(AAO).
SSC combine graduate level (CGLE) is flagship exam of the staff selection commission. It is most popular exam of ssc because it just requires Graduation in any stream. SSC CGL is conducted in 4 tiers. Tier 1 and Tier 2 is CBT(computer based test) and tier-3 is Descriptive paper. It means you have to write with pen and paper. Tier 4 is skill test. All three tier marks are considered for final merit. Tier 4 i.e. skill test is qualifying in nature.
- How To Crack SSC CGL In First Attempt – A Complete Guide
- How To Prepare English For SSC Exams
- How To Prepare SSC General Awareness
ssc cgl tier-1 exam pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Candidates who clear tier-1 exam cut off marks are called for tier 2 exam. Tier-2 has English and Quantitative aptitude. Candidates who apply for JSO post i.e. Junior statistical officer has to take one more exams in tier 2 and that is statistics. Those who have applied for AAO( assistant audit officer) has to take General studies- Finance and economics exam in tier-2.
ssc cgl tier-2 exam pattern and details
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
Tier-3– SSC CGL tier – 3 is Descriptive exam . This is offline exam i.e. paper pen exam . the duration of exam is 60 minutes and contain 100 marks. You have to write essay and letter on the given topic.
Tier -4 – This is skill test. In this exam CPT i.e. computer proficiency test is conducted for applicable posts. They will ask you to create PPT’S and excel sheet. DEST i.e. data entry skill test is also conducted. Lat phase is document verification.
ssc cgl salary
|Post||Group||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Assistant audit officer||B||4800||54000-61000|
|Assistant section officer||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Assistant in CVC||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Assistant in IB||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Assistant in railways||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Assistant in MEA||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Assistant enforcement officer||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Assistant in other ministries||B||4200||32000-37000|
|Sub Inspector in CBI||B||4200||32000-37000|
|Inspector of posts||B||4200||32000-37000|
|Inspector central bureau of narcotics||B||4600||41000-46000|
|Statistical investigator Gr. II||B||4200||29000-37000|
|Inspector income tax||C||4600||41000-46000|
- SSC JE : JE stands for junior engineer. It is a group ‘B’ non gazetted post. Civil / mechanical / electrical diploma or degree holder can apply.
- SSC Stenographer C and D : qualification: 12th pass or equivalent. age 18-30 years
- SSC MTS : Education qualification : 10th pass or equivalent from recognized institution. age 18-25 years.
- SSC GD Constable : Educational Qualification 10th pass or equivalent. age 18-23 years. selection procedure is first CBT(computer based test) second is Physical efficiency test(PET) and the last is Physical standard test(PST).
- SSC JHT : JHT stands for junior Hindi translator. age should be less than 30 years with master degree.
If you have any question or suggestion please let me know in the comment section below. You can follow me on QuoraFollow us on social media